If you’re looking for a vintage-looking motorcycle, one option is the Suzuki Tempter 400. When it comes to vintage bikes, this is a global fan favorite. It’s a Japanese bike, but that said, it is very popular in North America. Let’s take a closer look at some of the technical specifications so you know what you’re getting if you buy it.
Dimensions and Weight
The Suzuki Tempter 400 has an overall length of 2,370 mm, a width of 750 mm, a height of 1,140 mm, and a wheelbase of 1,650 mm. Keep in mind that the dry weight of the Suzuki Tempter 400 is 159 kg or about 350 lbs., with a weight capacity of well over 400 lbs.
The Suzuki Tempter 400 is a decently powerful motorcycle with a 396cc engine, which produces a good deal of power. It features an air-cooled 4-stroke, 4-valve single-cylinder engine with an electric self-starter. This engine features a 43.5 km/l fuel efficiency rating. The engine can produce 7,000 RPM or about 27 PS of output. This engine can also produce 5,000 RPM or 3.0 kg of torque.
In terms of the clutch type, this bike features a wet-type multi-plate coil spring. It also features a 5-speed transmission system with a constant mesh type 5 gear ratio type, a primary speed reduction ratio of 2.218, and a secondary speed-reduction ratio of 3.0.
Furthermore, this motorcycle has a 12-liter fuel tank that can get around 47 miles per gallon in overall performance and reach a top speed of 99.4 mph or 160 kph. Finally, this bike features an 88-mm bore and a 65.2 mm stroke.
Although we could not find specifics on the suspension type and travel at this time, we know that the Suzuki Tempter 400 features an excellent rear suspension, although it suffers from a lack of front suspension travel.
Wheels and Tires
Finding information on the wheel size and tire type of the Suzuki Tempter 400 also wasn’t easy. However, we did find that the front wheel size is 100/90-18, and the rear wheel is 130/80-17. As far as we can tell, this motorcycle comes with basic road tires.
Major Body Components
Next, we should look at the major body components and additional important information.
This motorcycle features high-quality front and rear drum brakes. In addition, it comes with a 12 V 18-watt rear blinker and features a 12 V 21w/5w S25 tail light and a 12 V 60w/55w headlamp type H4.
The Tempter ST400 has a semi-double type cradle frame.
Suzuki Company produces sports universal weight bikes that are ideal for driving both overloaded city traffic and beyond. "Rule over the track" is not just an advertising slogan, but a lifestyle. Suzuki motorcycles are created only for victory. See the review of the Suzuki ST 400 Tempter ST 400 Tempter, as well as learn more about other categories of motorcycles made by Suzuki:
- Supersport motorcycles are one of the best and fastest ones. Developed and brought to perfection, with perfectly balanced characteristics. Supersport is designed for speed and freedom. Powerful engine, efficient front and rear suspension, modern electronics - all this is used not only for fast acceleration, but also for improving overall control of your motorcycle. The main goal of Suzuki Supersport is to achieve a better lap time on the track.
- Suzuki Street motorcycles - it's an excellent combination of a motorcycle and sport bike with universal characteristics. The ergonomic design and direct landing will turn everyday trips on the motorcycles of the Street series into an unforgettable pleasure. Suzuki Street is perfect for both moving around the city and on the highway.
- Suzuki Sport Enduro Tourer is designed for those who want to meet adventures. It combines maneuverability and ease of control of the medium-sized motorcycle with universal technical characteristics. Comfortable landing and adjustable windscreen will create comfortable conditions when traveling on highways. The true purpose of the Sport Enduro Tourer is to travel outside the city. The sharp handling and light weight of the motorcycle, as well as the excellent work of the suspension, will allow you to feel comfortable and confident in any situations and on any roads.
- Suzuki Cruiser combines a classic-style cruiser and a high-tech V-engine with stunning performance that you will feel every time while turning the throttle. The smooth lines of the Suzuki Cruiser only emphasize the convenience of the motorcycle, which promises a comfortable ride for a long time. The motor of the motorcycle has excellent controllability and stability at cruising speeds. Suzuki Cruiser is an uncompromising combination of controllability, efficiency and style.
- Suzuki Scooter is not only stunning performance, but also a great design that attracts admiring looks. Excellent for both daily travel around the city, and for longer trips. The soft suspension smoothes all road irregularities, and the aerodynamic body kit provides excellent wind protection. Suzuki Scooter has excellent technical characteristics. Equipped with a water-cooled engine, fuel injection system, and automatic clutch with a V-belt. Suzuki Scooter will present to its owner the most memorable trip in their lives.
- Suzuki Motocross stands out with a sturdy frame, compact and lightweight engine that perfectly demonstrates excellent road qualities. Suzuki Motocross motorcycles have a system of non-cumulative fuel injection, contributing to the easier engine start and excellent acceleration under any conditions. The five-speed transmission contributes to excellent adaptability to road conditions. And a new aluminum frame provides excellent balance, easy controllability and best driving quality.
- Suzuki Offroad. Suzuki's range of motorcycles is replenished with an interesting model with aggressive design, which makes Offroad a stylistic copy of the winners of the RM-Z championships. Good performance at low and medium revs and controlled power range will be appreciated not only by experienced, but also by novice drivers. Suzuki Offroad motorcycles equipped with a powerful injector engine with the volume of 449sm3. Suzuki Offroad is a combination of high performance and race inspired style.